Perpetrators of violence have become DMK councillors: Jaya
Chennai: Coming down heavily on the law and
order situation in DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu, AIADMK chief
Jayalalithaa on Friday alleged that those who indulged in violence
have become DMK councillors.
Addressing an election meeting here, she said the violent
scenes public sees in films are a reality in Tamil Nadu under
She said if AIADMK was voted to power, the focus would be
on violence-free rule, steps to bring down price rise and
make the state free of power cuts.
She also highlighted the Veeranam project built during her
tenure, which she claimed had solved the drinking water
problem in Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?