Petrol bomb hurled at AIADMK MLA`s office
Erode (TN): A petrol bomb was today hurled at the office of AIADMK MLA SS Ramanidharan by unidentified attackers, police said on Sunday.
Nobody was injured, they said, adding, some furniture and air-conditioner in the building were damaged in the incident.
Ramanidharanm, who represents Anthiyur constituency, was not in the office at the time of the incident.
Police, quoting eyewitness, said some unidentified persons came in motorcycles to the office and after hurling the bomb they fled.
Police said it was suspected that activists of Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) might be behind the incident as there were widespread protests in various places of Tamil Nadu in the wake of the arrest of party founder leader S Ramadoss and his son and former Union Minister Anbumani following the violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district which was allegedly targeted against Dalits on April 25.
Ramadoss had been arrested on April 30 after he failed to wind up a PMK function which was blamed by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa as the reason for the violence.
Anbumani was arrested on Friday from Chennai in connection with a case filed last year under different sections including Unlawful Assembly, Activities prejudicial to Peace, Violation of Police Rules.
Meanwhile, stones were pelted at a Tamil Nadu Transport Corporation bus at Chavadipalayam, 12 km from here last night damaging its windscreen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'