Petrol bomb hurled at house of financier in TN
Coimbatore: A petrol bomb was hurled on the house of a financier in Selvapuram area here on Saturday by a man, but no inmate was injured, police said
A portion of front wall was damaged, they said.
Police suspect money dispute to be the reason behind the man hurling the bottle filled with petrol.
They said there was a dispute between a person and the financier over the former not returning Rs 30,000 of the Rs two lakh he had borrowed.
This evening, a close friend of the man handed over a box to the financier`s wife.
When she opend the box the man hurled the bomb at the house and fled, police said, adding a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui