Petrol bomb hurlers detained under NSA
Chennai: Four persons, who were arrested for hurling petrol bombs at two post offices here, were on Friday detained under the National Security Act, police said.
The four, reportedly belonging to pro-Tamil outfit, had hurled the bombs on October 29 protesting the statement of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka.
Police had detained them and registered cases under various sections of the IPC and eventually arrested them. They were later remanded to judicial custody.
A police release said the four had put public lives in danger by their act, adding, the Chennai Police Commissioner ordered that they be detained under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah