Petrol bomb hurlers detained under NSA
Chennai: Four persons, who were arrested for hurling petrol bombs at two post offices here, were on Friday detained under the National Security Act, police said.
The four, reportedly belonging to pro-Tamil outfit, had hurled the bombs on October 29 protesting the statement of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka.
Police had detained them and registered cases under various sections of the IPC and eventually arrested them. They were later remanded to judicial custody.
A police release said the four had put public lives in danger by their act, adding, the Chennai Police Commissioner ordered that they be detained under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened