Petrol bomb hurlers detained under NSA
Chennai: Four persons, who were arrested for hurling petrol bombs at two post offices here, were on Friday detained under the National Security Act, police said.
The four, reportedly belonging to pro-Tamil outfit, had hurled the bombs on October 29 protesting the statement of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka.
Police had detained them and registered cases under various sections of the IPC and eventually arrested them. They were later remanded to judicial custody.
A police release said the four had put public lives in danger by their act, adding, the Chennai Police Commissioner ordered that they be detained under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!