Petrol bomb hurlers detained under NSA
Chennai: Four persons, who were arrested for hurling petrol bombs at two post offices here, were on Friday detained under the National Security Act, police said.
The four, reportedly belonging to pro-Tamil outfit, had hurled the bombs on October 29 protesting the statement of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka.
Police had detained them and registered cases under various sections of the IPC and eventually arrested them. They were later remanded to judicial custody.
A police release said the four had put public lives in danger by their act, adding, the Chennai Police Commissioner ordered that they be detained under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf