Petrol bomb hurlers detained under NSA
Chennai: Four persons, who were arrested for hurling petrol bombs at two post offices here, were on Friday detained under the National Security Act, police said.
The four, reportedly belonging to pro-Tamil outfit, had hurled the bombs on October 29 protesting the statement of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka.
Police had detained them and registered cases under various sections of the IPC and eventually arrested them. They were later remanded to judicial custody.
A police release said the four had put public lives in danger by their act, adding, the Chennai Police Commissioner ordered that they be detained under NSA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply