Petrol bombs hurled at post offices in Chennai, four arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: Petrol bombs were hurled at two post offices at Mandaveli and Mylapore by unidentified persons on Tuesday morning.
There was damage to the property, but no one was injured in the incidents.
The Tamil Nadu Police arrested four activists of Dravidar Viduthalai Kazhagam, a little known Tamil outfit, for throwing petrol bombs at two post offices. One of them is suspected to be a member of a political outfit, a newspaper said.
The activists want India to boycott the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) to be held at Colombo next month.
Sources in the Fire and Rescue Services department said the fire had been doused.
Following the attack, police beefed up security at central government offices and installations across the state. The Sri Lankan mission office here has also been provided additional security.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH