Petrol filled bottle hurled in front of former Cong MP`s house
Coimbatore: A petrol filled bottle was hurled by some unidentified miscreants in front of the residence of former Congress MP R Prabhu on Friday and went off with a loud sound, but none was hurt, police said.
The party office is also nearby.
Though the motive behind the incident was not known immediately, police suspect it could be the handiwork of some persons protesting the party`s opposition to the release of seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Police are investigating the reasons behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda