PIL filed against city school in Chennai
Chennai: A PIL has been filed before the Madras High Court seeking its direction to authorities to publish names and addresses of all unrecognised matriculation schools functioning in Tamil Nadu and forbear a city-based private school, alleging that it was one of them.
R Venkatachalam of Vyasarpadi near here, in his PIL alleged that Don Bosco Matriculation School, having over 3000 srtudents on rolls, located in MKB Nagar was functioning without necessary recognition under the Code of Regulations for Matriculation Schools, Tamil Nadu and in an unapproved building since June 2011.
Referring to the 2004 fire incident in a school in Kumbakonam, he alleged that the said school was not able to obtain a `No Objection Certificate` from Station Officer (Fire and Rescue) for the school building.
He further prayed for a direction to forbear the school authorities from running the said school and further direct the Director of Matriculation Schools to publish the names and addresses of all unrecognised matriculation schools functioning in Tamil Nadu.
A bench comprising, Acting Chief Justice Rajesh Kumar Agrawal and Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar, ordered notice to respondents, returnable in four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?