PIL seeks bringing 10 more districts under Madurai Bench
Madurai: A Public Interest Litigation seeking to bring ten districts in western and southern Tamil Nadu under the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court jurisdiction has been filed in the bench.
Justice R Sudhakar and Justice S Vaidhyanathan posted the case for hearing on December 11.
Petitioner V Ramesh, an advocate, wanted the districts of Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Erode, Namakkal, Salem, Perambalur, Ariyalur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Nilgiris to be brought under the Madurai Bench.
He submitted that the main principle behind the formation of the Madurai Bench was to cater to the Judicial requirements and litigating public belonging to the southern districts and districts nearer to the Madurai district.
The ten districts were much closer to Madurai than the Principal seat of the court in Chennai and hence should logically be within Madurai Bench jurisdiction.
He said he had sent representations to attach the districts to Madurai bench, but no action had been taken so far.
Besides, he also opposed the move to take away Karur and Dindigul districts from Madurai bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred