PIL seeks DD to air Ambedkar documentary on Oct 14
Chennai: A PIL was filed in the Madras High Court seeking direction to Doordarshan TV channel to broadcast a documentary on B R Ambedkar on October 14 this year, to commemorate the day he embraced Buddhism.
S Sathia Chandran in his petition sought the court to direct the Doordarshan to telecast the Tamil version of the English feature film `Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar - the untold truth` on October 14 to commemorate October 14, 1965, when heembraced Buddhism with over five lakh followers.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice M Y Eqbal and Justice T S Sivagnanam said, "this court cannot issue a mandamus to that effect. However, the petitioner may pursue his regard before Secretary to the government, which in turn shall look into the matter and do the needful, in accordance with law within a reasonable time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city