Pilot of Madurai bound AI flight grounded
Chennai: A pilot of an Madurai-bound Air India
flight from here was Friday grounded as alcohol content was found to be in excess in his blood, AI sources said.
The matter came to light during the breath analyser test
conducted ahead of the flight`s departure and he was immediately grounded and the flight left for the destination with another flight commandant, they said.
Asked whether there was any delay on the flight`s
schedule due to the incident they replied in the negative.
Suitable action would be taken against the pilot as per
the Directorate General of Civil Aviation rules, they said.
The Civil Aviation Ministry had amended rules last year to
make punishment severe for flight crew who report drunk.
Pilots caught for the first time would be grounded for
three months while flying licences would be cancelled for the
second time offenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?