Pilot of Madurai bound AI flight grounded
Chennai: A pilot of an Madurai-bound Air India
flight from here was Friday grounded as alcohol content was found to be in excess in his blood, AI sources said.
The matter came to light during the breath analyser test
conducted ahead of the flight`s departure and he was immediately grounded and the flight left for the destination with another flight commandant, they said.
Asked whether there was any delay on the flight`s
schedule due to the incident they replied in the negative.
Suitable action would be taken against the pilot as per
the Directorate General of Civil Aviation rules, they said.
The Civil Aviation Ministry had amended rules last year to
make punishment severe for flight crew who report drunk.
Pilots caught for the first time would be grounded for
three months while flying licences would be cancelled for the
second time offenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says