Pilot of Madurai bound AI flight grounded
Chennai: A pilot of an Madurai-bound Air India
flight from here was Friday grounded as alcohol content was found to be in excess in his blood, AI sources said.
The matter came to light during the breath analyser test
conducted ahead of the flight`s departure and he was immediately grounded and the flight left for the destination with another flight commandant, they said.
Asked whether there was any delay on the flight`s
schedule due to the incident they replied in the negative.
Suitable action would be taken against the pilot as per
the Directorate General of Civil Aviation rules, they said.
The Civil Aviation Ministry had amended rules last year to
make punishment severe for flight crew who report drunk.
Pilots caught for the first time would be grounded for
three months while flying licences would be cancelled for the
second time offenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!
- Jama Masjid in Gujarat's Vadodara claims it has biggest Quran in the world - Pics inside
- Search ops underway to locate two missing Indians on Mount Everest