Pilot of Madurai bound AI flight grounded
Chennai: A pilot of an Madurai-bound Air India
flight from here was Friday grounded as alcohol content was found to be in excess in his blood, AI sources said.
The matter came to light during the breath analyser test
conducted ahead of the flight`s departure and he was immediately grounded and the flight left for the destination with another flight commandant, they said.
Asked whether there was any delay on the flight`s
schedule due to the incident they replied in the negative.
Suitable action would be taken against the pilot as per
the Directorate General of Civil Aviation rules, they said.
The Civil Aviation Ministry had amended rules last year to
make punishment severe for flight crew who report drunk.
Pilots caught for the first time would be grounded for
three months while flying licences would be cancelled for the
second time offenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley