Plan to create over 400 vacancies in Rly police
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Friday
proposed to create over 400 new vacancies in Railway Police.
The move approved by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was
necessitated due to strength not being increased for many
years, a state government release here said.
Accordingly, she has directed reclassification of 19
police stations under Chennai Railway Police district and
directed that 444 new posts including Inspectors and
Sub-inspectors be created.
The government will incur an expenditure of Rs 11.46
crore following the move, the release said.
Meanwhile, in a seperate release, the government said
Jayalalithaa had sanctioned Rs 4.50 crore for constructing
five hostels for students of MBC and Denotified communities
which will come up at Tanjavur and Villupuram among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump
- Yahoo nears sale of core assets to Verizon for $5 billion: Report