Plan to create over 400 vacancies in Rly police
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Friday
proposed to create over 400 new vacancies in Railway Police.
The move approved by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was
necessitated due to strength not being increased for many
years, a state government release here said.
Accordingly, she has directed reclassification of 19
police stations under Chennai Railway Police district and
directed that 444 new posts including Inspectors and
Sub-inspectors be created.
The government will incur an expenditure of Rs 11.46
crore following the move, the release said.
Meanwhile, in a seperate release, the government said
Jayalalithaa had sanctioned Rs 4.50 crore for constructing
five hostels for students of MBC and Denotified communities
which will come up at Tanjavur and Villupuram among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official