Plan to create over 400 vacancies in Rly police
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Friday
proposed to create over 400 new vacancies in Railway Police.
The move approved by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was
necessitated due to strength not being increased for many
years, a state government release here said.
Accordingly, she has directed reclassification of 19
police stations under Chennai Railway Police district and
directed that 444 new posts including Inspectors and
Sub-inspectors be created.
The government will incur an expenditure of Rs 11.46
crore following the move, the release said.
Meanwhile, in a seperate release, the government said
Jayalalithaa had sanctioned Rs 4.50 crore for constructing
five hostels for students of MBC and Denotified communities
which will come up at Tanjavur and Villupuram among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users