Plan to create over 400 vacancies in Rly police
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Friday
proposed to create over 400 new vacancies in Railway Police.
The move approved by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was
necessitated due to strength not being increased for many
years, a state government release here said.
Accordingly, she has directed reclassification of 19
police stations under Chennai Railway Police district and
directed that 444 new posts including Inspectors and
Sub-inspectors be created.
The government will incur an expenditure of Rs 11.46
crore following the move, the release said.
Meanwhile, in a seperate release, the government said
Jayalalithaa had sanctioned Rs 4.50 crore for constructing
five hostels for students of MBC and Denotified communities
which will come up at Tanjavur and Villupuram among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31