Plane tyre bursts on landing; passengers unhurt
Chennai: Thirteen passengers on board a
Kingfisher Airlines Chennai-Tiruchirapalli flight had a
miraculous escape after one of its tyres burst while landing
at the airport here late Friday night, airport officials said.
The flight had to return from Tiruchirapalli as it could
not land there due to heavy rain, they said.
However, none of the passengers suffered injuries. The
plane has a capacity to carry 48 passengers, officials said.
The sources said the flight could not be immediately
moved off the runway, following which an incoming Lufthansa
flight from Frankfurt was diverted to Bangalore.
Airport operations remained closed till 02:30 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof