Plane tyre bursts on landing; passengers unhurt
Chennai: Thirteen passengers on board a
Kingfisher Airlines Chennai-Tiruchirapalli flight had a
miraculous escape after one of its tyres burst while landing
at the airport here late Friday night, airport officials said.
The flight had to return from Tiruchirapalli as it could
not land there due to heavy rain, they said.
However, none of the passengers suffered injuries. The
plane has a capacity to carry 48 passengers, officials said.
The sources said the flight could not be immediately
moved off the runway, following which an incoming Lufthansa
flight from Frankfurt was diverted to Bangalore.
Airport operations remained closed till 02:30 hrs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India