Plea filed in HC seeking to set aside lower court order
Madurai: An advocate today filed a criminal revision petition in the Madras High Court Bench here seeking setting aside of a lower court order dismissing his plea for a re-investigation in a case allegedly involving a state minister on the ground that he had no locus standi to do it.
The Karur-based advocate N.Maniraj had earlier filed a PIL in the Madras High court bench here seeking a direction to police to take action against Transport Minister, Senthil Balaji, against whom one Kamatchi Periyasamy had lodged a complaint.
The Judicial Magistrate at Karur had earlier taken the complaint from Periyasamy on file and directed police to register a case. Police then had filed a charge-sheet against nine persons, excluding the minister, following which the PIL was filed.
The minister was alleged to have threatened Periyasamy over mobile phone when he was in illegal custody of nine persons who kidnapped him and forced him to sign documents for transfer of property worth Rs 15 crore. The complaint was lodged on September 19, 2011.
The High Court had directed the advocate to approach the magistrate court.
Police had also filed a report dropping further action against the minister.
Dismissing the advocate`s plea, the magistrate had said the course open was that the de facto complainant to file a protest petition and the advocate has no locus standi to file a plea seeking re-investigation.
The advocate then filed the criminal revision petition in the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch