Plea filed in HC seeking to set aside lower court order
Madurai: An advocate today filed a criminal revision petition in the Madras High Court Bench here seeking setting aside of a lower court order dismissing his plea for a re-investigation in a case allegedly involving a state minister on the ground that he had no locus standi to do it.
The Karur-based advocate N.Maniraj had earlier filed a PIL in the Madras High court bench here seeking a direction to police to take action against Transport Minister, Senthil Balaji, against whom one Kamatchi Periyasamy had lodged a complaint.
The Judicial Magistrate at Karur had earlier taken the complaint from Periyasamy on file and directed police to register a case. Police then had filed a charge-sheet against nine persons, excluding the minister, following which the PIL was filed.
The minister was alleged to have threatened Periyasamy over mobile phone when he was in illegal custody of nine persons who kidnapped him and forced him to sign documents for transfer of property worth Rs 15 crore. The complaint was lodged on September 19, 2011.
The High Court had directed the advocate to approach the magistrate court.
Police had also filed a report dropping further action against the minister.
Dismissing the advocate`s plea, the magistrate had said the course open was that the de facto complainant to file a protest petition and the advocate has no locus standi to file a plea seeking re-investigation.
The advocate then filed the criminal revision petition in the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city