PM likely to meet Obama during East Asia Summit
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is
likely to meet US President Barack Obama on the sidelines of
the East Asia Summit in Indonesia later this year.
"President Obama looks forward to joining Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh at the East Asia summit later in the year in
Indonesia," US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said here
She said the US wanted to work with India and "all of our
friends, all our allies" to build the East Asia Summit into
Asia Pacific`s premier forum for dealing with political and
"We want to use it, set out priorities and lay out vision
for other regional institutions," Clinton said addressing
students and opinion makers at the Anna Centenary Library.
High on the list at the summit are maritime security,
including developing multilateral levels of cooperation,
disaster readiness response and relief and non-proliferation,
including working for a denuclearised Korean peninsula.
Clinton said she would be meeting her Indian counterpart S
M Krishna later this week at the ASEAN regional forum. "We
will be working in conjunction with ASEAN partners and soon
inaugurate a trilateral US-India-Japan dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees