PM likely to meet Obama during East Asia Summit
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is
likely to meet US President Barack Obama on the sidelines of
the East Asia Summit in Indonesia later this year.
"President Obama looks forward to joining Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh at the East Asia summit later in the year in
Indonesia," US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said here
She said the US wanted to work with India and "all of our
friends, all our allies" to build the East Asia Summit into
Asia Pacific`s premier forum for dealing with political and
"We want to use it, set out priorities and lay out vision
for other regional institutions," Clinton said addressing
students and opinion makers at the Anna Centenary Library.
High on the list at the summit are maritime security,
including developing multilateral levels of cooperation,
disaster readiness response and relief and non-proliferation,
including working for a denuclearised Korean peninsula.
Clinton said she would be meeting her Indian counterpart S
M Krishna later this week at the ASEAN regional forum. "We
will be working in conjunction with ASEAN partners and soon
inaugurate a trilateral US-India-Japan dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!