PM likely to meet Obama during East Asia Summit
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is
likely to meet US President Barack Obama on the sidelines of
the East Asia Summit in Indonesia later this year.
"President Obama looks forward to joining Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh at the East Asia summit later in the year in
Indonesia," US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said here
She said the US wanted to work with India and "all of our
friends, all our allies" to build the East Asia Summit into
Asia Pacific`s premier forum for dealing with political and
"We want to use it, set out priorities and lay out vision
for other regional institutions," Clinton said addressing
students and opinion makers at the Anna Centenary Library.
High on the list at the summit are maritime security,
including developing multilateral levels of cooperation,
disaster readiness response and relief and non-proliferation,
including working for a denuclearised Korean peninsula.
Clinton said she would be meeting her Indian counterpart S
M Krishna later this week at the ASEAN regional forum. "We
will be working in conjunction with ASEAN partners and soon
inaugurate a trilateral US-India-Japan dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it