PMK exudes hope of Karunanidhi becoming TN CM
Chennai: PMK on Saturday exuded hope that DMK
alliance, of which it is a constituent, will win the Tamil
Nadu Assembly polls, counting of which is due on May 13, and M
Karunanidhi will become the Chief Minister for the sixth time.
PMK founder S Ramadoss was talking to reporters after
meeting Karunanidhi at his Gopalapuram residence here.
PMK president G K Mani and former Minister of State for
Railways AK Moorthy were also part of the "courtesy call".
The party had contested 31 seats in the assembly polls
held on April 13.
PMK was part of the DMK-led Democratic Progressive
Alliance in the 2006 Assembly elections. PMK had then won 18
of the 31 seats contested by it. The two parties have had a
difficult relationship after PMK parted ways with DMK and
contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections as an ally of AIADMK,
however, it drew a blank.
As the 2011 Assembly elections were nearing, Ramadoss
send confusing signals to DMK. On January, when Karunanidhi
said PMK was with him, Ramadoss criticised the DMK leader for
unilaterally making the announcement. Karunanidhi hit back,
saying his doors were closed on PMK. The final patch-up came
after Ramadoss` son and former health minister in UPA-I
Anbumani Ramadoss met Sonia Gandhi in Delhi on February.
After its formation in 1989, PMK contested four elections
on its own, winning just one seat in the 1991 assembly and
four in 1996. Since then, the party had alternated between the
two Dravidian parties as allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks