PMK for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Buoyed by the Centre`s nod for the
creation of Telangana, PMK founder S Ramadoss today made a
fresh demand for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu, saying it would be
good on administrative grounds.
"Small is beautiful. Smaller states bifurcated out of
bigger ones have been doing really well on the development
front. Bifurcation of Tamil Nadu will be good," Ramadoss, an
early proponent of splitting the state, told a press
He, however, declined to elaborate on the specifics of
He said he had to face stiff opposition from many quarters
when he first proposed the idea about ten years ago.
Ramadoss was responding to queries on some fringe groups
now re-starting the debate on bifurcation of Tamil Nadu in
the wake of the move to carve out Telangana.
On the issue of creation of new states, he said the Centre
should take "bold decisions" without any delay due to
political considerations. "Problems are bound to occur if
there are delays," he said.
Ramadoss`s outfit, which holds sway over the backward
Vanniyar community in the state, was part of the previous UPA
government. Contesting as part of the AIADMK-led front, it drew
a blank in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today