PMK for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Buoyed by the Centre`s nod for the
creation of Telangana, PMK founder S Ramadoss today made a
fresh demand for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu, saying it would be
good on administrative grounds.
"Small is beautiful. Smaller states bifurcated out of
bigger ones have been doing really well on the development
front. Bifurcation of Tamil Nadu will be good," Ramadoss, an
early proponent of splitting the state, told a press
He, however, declined to elaborate on the specifics of
He said he had to face stiff opposition from many quarters
when he first proposed the idea about ten years ago.
Ramadoss was responding to queries on some fringe groups
now re-starting the debate on bifurcation of Tamil Nadu in
the wake of the move to carve out Telangana.
On the issue of creation of new states, he said the Centre
should take "bold decisions" without any delay due to
political considerations. "Problems are bound to occur if
there are delays," he said.
Ramadoss`s outfit, which holds sway over the backward
Vanniyar community in the state, was part of the previous UPA
government. Contesting as part of the AIADMK-led front, it drew
a blank in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside