PMK for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Buoyed by the Centre`s nod for the
creation of Telangana, PMK founder S Ramadoss today made a
fresh demand for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu, saying it would be
good on administrative grounds.
"Small is beautiful. Smaller states bifurcated out of
bigger ones have been doing really well on the development
front. Bifurcation of Tamil Nadu will be good," Ramadoss, an
early proponent of splitting the state, told a press
He, however, declined to elaborate on the specifics of
He said he had to face stiff opposition from many quarters
when he first proposed the idea about ten years ago.
Ramadoss was responding to queries on some fringe groups
now re-starting the debate on bifurcation of Tamil Nadu in
the wake of the move to carve out Telangana.
On the issue of creation of new states, he said the Centre
should take "bold decisions" without any delay due to
political considerations. "Problems are bound to occur if
there are delays," he said.
Ramadoss`s outfit, which holds sway over the backward
Vanniyar community in the state, was part of the previous UPA
government. Contesting as part of the AIADMK-led front, it drew
a blank in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America