PMK for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Buoyed by the Centre`s nod for the
creation of Telangana, PMK founder S Ramadoss today made a
fresh demand for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu, saying it would be
good on administrative grounds.
"Small is beautiful. Smaller states bifurcated out of
bigger ones have been doing really well on the development
front. Bifurcation of Tamil Nadu will be good," Ramadoss, an
early proponent of splitting the state, told a press
He, however, declined to elaborate on the specifics of
He said he had to face stiff opposition from many quarters
when he first proposed the idea about ten years ago.
Ramadoss was responding to queries on some fringe groups
now re-starting the debate on bifurcation of Tamil Nadu in
the wake of the move to carve out Telangana.
On the issue of creation of new states, he said the Centre
should take "bold decisions" without any delay due to
political considerations. "Problems are bound to occur if
there are delays," he said.
Ramadoss`s outfit, which holds sway over the backward
Vanniyar community in the state, was part of the previous UPA
government. Contesting as part of the AIADMK-led front, it drew
a blank in the Lok Sabha polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis