PMK for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Buoyed by the Centre`s nod for the
creation of Telangana, PMK founder S Ramadoss today made a
fresh demand for bifurcation of Tamil Nadu, saying it would be
good on administrative grounds.
"Small is beautiful. Smaller states bifurcated out of
bigger ones have been doing really well on the development
front. Bifurcation of Tamil Nadu will be good," Ramadoss, an
early proponent of splitting the state, told a press
He, however, declined to elaborate on the specifics of
He said he had to face stiff opposition from many quarters
when he first proposed the idea about ten years ago.
Ramadoss was responding to queries on some fringe groups
now re-starting the debate on bifurcation of Tamil Nadu in
the wake of the move to carve out Telangana.
On the issue of creation of new states, he said the Centre
should take "bold decisions" without any delay due to
political considerations. "Problems are bound to occur if
there are delays," he said.
Ramadoss`s outfit, which holds sway over the backward
Vanniyar community in the state, was part of the previous UPA
government. Contesting as part of the AIADMK-led front, it drew
a blank in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB