PMK functionary murdered in Erode
Erode (TN): A local functionary of the
Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) was murdered allegedly by a gang
of at least four persons, police said on Sunday.
Selvam (45) of Pazhayapalayam in Surampatty area of the
district was murdered last evening when at least four persons
entered his two-wheeler repair shop and stabbed him with
knives, police said.
Selvam died on the way to hospital.
Police said the culprits escaped in a van, adding that
there was no political motive behind the murder.
Selvam had a few days ago warned some persons who were
involved in eve-teasing, and this could be the reason behind
his murder, they said.
Police have registered a murder case against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary