PMK functionary murdered in Erode
Erode (TN): A local functionary of the
Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) was murdered allegedly by a gang
of at least four persons, police said on Sunday.
Selvam (45) of Pazhayapalayam in Surampatty area of the
district was murdered last evening when at least four persons
entered his two-wheeler repair shop and stabbed him with
knives, police said.
Selvam died on the way to hospital.
Police said the culprits escaped in a van, adding that
there was no political motive behind the murder.
Selvam had a few days ago warned some persons who were
involved in eve-teasing, and this could be the reason behind
his murder, they said.
Police have registered a murder case against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?