PMK leader for united protestes over Mullaperiyar row
Chennai: PMK founder leader Dr S Ramadoss
on Sunday said the people of the state should stand united in its
inter-state river water disputes, especially the Mullaperiar
Dam row with Kerala.
Stating that Congress was eyeing power in Kerala in the
next Assembly elections, he said there was no room to believe
that the party (led UPA at Centre) would come to Tamil Nadu`s
rescue on the issue.
`For long, lack of unity in the state has been the undoing
when it comes to water disputes with other states. If this
continues, the results could be disastrous for Tamil Nadu.
Therefore people should join hands and come forward to
organise joint protests,`` he said in a statement here.
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi had yesterday sought the
intervention of the Centre to solve the inter-state water
disputes, including the Mullaperiyar dam row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical