PMK leader for united protestes over Mullaperiyar row
Chennai: PMK founder leader Dr S Ramadoss
on Sunday said the people of the state should stand united in its
inter-state river water disputes, especially the Mullaperiar
Dam row with Kerala.
Stating that Congress was eyeing power in Kerala in the
next Assembly elections, he said there was no room to believe
that the party (led UPA at Centre) would come to Tamil Nadu`s
rescue on the issue.
`For long, lack of unity in the state has been the undoing
when it comes to water disputes with other states. If this
continues, the results could be disastrous for Tamil Nadu.
Therefore people should join hands and come forward to
organise joint protests,`` he said in a statement here.
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi had yesterday sought the
intervention of the Centre to solve the inter-state water
disputes, including the Mullaperiyar dam row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader