PMK leader for united protestes over Mullaperiyar row
Chennai: PMK founder leader Dr S Ramadoss
on Sunday said the people of the state should stand united in its
inter-state river water disputes, especially the Mullaperiar
Dam row with Kerala.
Stating that Congress was eyeing power in Kerala in the
next Assembly elections, he said there was no room to believe
that the party (led UPA at Centre) would come to Tamil Nadu`s
rescue on the issue.
`For long, lack of unity in the state has been the undoing
when it comes to water disputes with other states. If this
continues, the results could be disastrous for Tamil Nadu.
Therefore people should join hands and come forward to
organise joint protests,`` he said in a statement here.
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi had yesterday sought the
intervention of the Centre to solve the inter-state water
disputes, including the Mullaperiyar dam row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information