PMK MLAs meet Karuanidhi, discuss alliance related matters
Chennai: Two days after the ruling DMK
decided to revive its ties with Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK)
after nearly a two-year gap, a team of PMK MLAs led by party
president G K Mani Tuesday discussed "alliance-related" matters
with DMK chief and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting Mani said, "Many
things were discussed, but the issue relating to allotment of
a Rajya Sabha seat to former Union health minister Anbumani
Ramadoss, son of PMK chief S Ramadoss, did not figure."
"We discussed alliance-related issues. We will convey to
our party leader Ramadoss whatever matters came up in the
meeting based on which he will announce his decision (on
joining the DMK led alliance)," Mani said.
Walking out of the UPA, PMK had made an alliance with
AIADMK in the last Lok Sabha polls in which it fared dismally,
losing all eight seats it contested in Tamil Nadu and
On Sunday, the DMK high-level executive decided to
resurrect its ties with PMK, but had ruled out giving a Rajya
Sabha seat to PMK for this month`s election to the Upper
House. Karunanidhi had expressed hope that PMK will accept
DMK`s decision to revive ties with it.
Apparently subjecting PMK to loyalty test, the meeting
had decided to allot one Rajya Sabha seat to PMK only in the
2011 biennial elections after next year`s Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen