PMK MLAs meet Karuanidhi, discuss alliance related matters
Chennai: Two days after the ruling DMK
decided to revive its ties with Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK)
after nearly a two-year gap, a team of PMK MLAs led by party
president G K Mani Tuesday discussed "alliance-related" matters
with DMK chief and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting Mani said, "Many
things were discussed, but the issue relating to allotment of
a Rajya Sabha seat to former Union health minister Anbumani
Ramadoss, son of PMK chief S Ramadoss, did not figure."
"We discussed alliance-related issues. We will convey to
our party leader Ramadoss whatever matters came up in the
meeting based on which he will announce his decision (on
joining the DMK led alliance)," Mani said.
Walking out of the UPA, PMK had made an alliance with
AIADMK in the last Lok Sabha polls in which it fared dismally,
losing all eight seats it contested in Tamil Nadu and
On Sunday, the DMK high-level executive decided to
resurrect its ties with PMK, but had ruled out giving a Rajya
Sabha seat to PMK for this month`s election to the Upper
House. Karunanidhi had expressed hope that PMK will accept
DMK`s decision to revive ties with it.
Apparently subjecting PMK to loyalty test, the meeting
had decided to allot one Rajya Sabha seat to PMK only in the
2011 biennial elections after next year`s Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees