PMK presents wish-list of constituencies to DMK
Chennai: The PMK, which will contest 31 seats in the April 13 Assembly polls in Tamil Nadu, on Sunday presented its wish-list of constituencies to DMK which is
leading the alliance.
A delegation of PMK leaders headed by party president GK Mani, MLA, called on DMK`s poll panel and submitted its list. They also met DMK president and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
Mani claimed that the DMK-led alliance would win the elections on the basis of its performance.
Schemes like sale of rice at Rs one in PDS shops and the Housing scheme, among others would ensure the party came back to power, he told reporters.
The PMK, which was part of the DMK-led alliance in the 2006 Assembly elections, had switched sides for the 2009 Lok Sabha polls to align with AIADMK.
However, it drew a blank then and joined the DMK-led
alliance on February 18 when it was allotted 31 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men