PMK presents wish-list of constituencies to DMK
Chennai: The PMK, which will contest 31
seats in the April 13 Assembly polls in Tamil Nadu, on Sunday
presented its wish-list of constituencies to DMK which is
leading the alliance.
A delegation of PMK leaders headed by party president
GK Mani, MLA, called on DMK`s poll panel and submitted its
list. They also met DMK president and Chief Minister M
Mani claimed that the DMK-led alliance would win the
elections on the basis of its performance.
Schemes like sale of rice at Rs one in PDS shops and
the Housing scheme, among others would ensure the party came
back to power, he told reporters.
The PMK, which was part of the DMK-led alliance in the
2006 Assembly elections, had switched sides for the 2009 Lok
Sabha polls to align with AIADMK.
However, it drew a blank then and joined the DMK-led
alliance on February 18 when it was allotted 31 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan