PMK presents wish-list of constituencies to DMK
Chennai: The PMK, which will contest 31
seats in the April 13 Assembly polls in Tamil Nadu, on Sunday
presented its wish-list of constituencies to DMK which is
leading the alliance.
A delegation of PMK leaders headed by party president
GK Mani, MLA, called on DMK`s poll panel and submitted its
list. They also met DMK president and Chief Minister M
Mani claimed that the DMK-led alliance would win the
elections on the basis of its performance.
Schemes like sale of rice at Rs one in PDS shops and
the Housing scheme, among others would ensure the party came
back to power, he told reporters.
The PMK, which was part of the DMK-led alliance in the
2006 Assembly elections, had switched sides for the 2009 Lok
Sabha polls to align with AIADMK.
However, it drew a blank then and joined the DMK-led
alliance on February 18 when it was allotted 31 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Fed up with heavy school bags, two students hold press meet to narrate woes - READ
- Have you seen Meher Malik's hot belly dance moves on 'Beat Pe Booty'? Watch now!
- Ravichandran Ashwin surpasses Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev in most 'Man of the Series' awards
- Nigerian Air Force says kills top Boko Haram militants, leader believed wounded
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders