PMK protests Sri Lankan delegation visit
Chennai: Citing the plight of Tamils in the island nation, PMK on Monday slammed the Centre for according a `red-carpet welcome` to a Sri Lankan Parliamentary delegation, led by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa on a visit to India.
Tamils all over the world were demanding that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and others be tried for alleged war crimes in the last phase of the battle against LTTE, Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) leader Ramadoss said, adding it
was not proper at such a time to accord such a reception to the visiting delegation.
"No country welcomes Rajapaksa or other Sri Lankan leaders but for India," he said in a statement referring to the protest against Rajapaksa during his visit to UK where his proposed address at the Oxford University was cancelled following opposition.
Alleging that some Tamil MPs from Sri Lanka were not allowed entry into India, he said the case was different with Sinhala Parliamentarians and this had affected the sentiments of Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP