PMK protests Sri Lankan delegation visit
Chennai: Citing the plight of Tamils in the island nation, PMK on Monday slammed the Centre for according a `red-carpet welcome` to a Sri Lankan Parliamentary delegation, led by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa on a visit to India.
Tamils all over the world were demanding that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and others be tried for alleged war crimes in the last phase of the battle against LTTE, Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) leader Ramadoss said, adding it
was not proper at such a time to accord such a reception to the visiting delegation.
"No country welcomes Rajapaksa or other Sri Lankan leaders but for India," he said in a statement referring to the protest against Rajapaksa during his visit to UK where his proposed address at the Oxford University was cancelled following opposition.
Alleging that some Tamil MPs from Sri Lanka were not allowed entry into India, he said the case was different with Sinhala Parliamentarians and this had affected the sentiments of Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal