PMK protests Sri Lankan delegation visit
Chennai: Citing the plight of Tamils in the island nation, PMK on Monday slammed the Centre for according a `red-carpet welcome` to a Sri Lankan Parliamentary delegation, led by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa on a visit to India.
Tamils all over the world were demanding that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and others be tried for alleged war crimes in the last phase of the battle against LTTE, Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) leader Ramadoss said, adding it
was not proper at such a time to accord such a reception to the visiting delegation.
"No country welcomes Rajapaksa or other Sri Lankan leaders but for India," he said in a statement referring to the protest against Rajapaksa during his visit to UK where his proposed address at the Oxford University was cancelled following opposition.
Alleging that some Tamil MPs from Sri Lanka were not allowed entry into India, he said the case was different with Sinhala Parliamentarians and this had affected the sentiments of Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US