PMK protests Sri Lankan delegation visit
Chennai: Citing the plight of Tamils in the island nation, PMK on Monday slammed the Centre for according a `red-carpet welcome` to a Sri Lankan Parliamentary delegation, led by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa on a visit to India.
Tamils all over the world were demanding that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and others be tried for alleged war crimes in the last phase of the battle against LTTE, Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) leader Ramadoss said, adding it
was not proper at such a time to accord such a reception to the visiting delegation.
"No country welcomes Rajapaksa or other Sri Lankan leaders but for India," he said in a statement referring to the protest against Rajapaksa during his visit to UK where his proposed address at the Oxford University was cancelled following opposition.
Alleging that some Tamil MPs from Sri Lanka were not allowed entry into India, he said the case was different with Sinhala Parliamentarians and this had affected the sentiments of Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside