PMK protests Sri Lankan delegation visit
Chennai: Citing the plight of Tamils in the island nation, PMK on Monday slammed the Centre for according a `red-carpet welcome` to a Sri Lankan Parliamentary delegation, led by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa on a visit to India.
Tamils all over the world were demanding that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and others be tried for alleged war crimes in the last phase of the battle against LTTE, Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) leader Ramadoss said, adding it
was not proper at such a time to accord such a reception to the visiting delegation.
"No country welcomes Rajapaksa or other Sri Lankan leaders but for India," he said in a statement referring to the protest against Rajapaksa during his visit to UK where his proposed address at the Oxford University was cancelled following opposition.
Alleging that some Tamil MPs from Sri Lanka were not allowed entry into India, he said the case was different with Sinhala Parliamentarians and this had affected the sentiments of Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery