PMK seeks CBI probe into violence
Chennai: A day after Tamil Nadu government virtually blamed his party for last week`s violence at Marakkanam, PMK founder S Ramadoss today sought a CBI probe into the incident.
Ramadoss said Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, who had made a statement in the assembly, had read out the police version and said she should have ascertained the truth with the help of unbiased police officers.
In a statement here, he alleged that the pro-Dalit Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katachi was behind the violence and asked the state government to order a CBI probe besides an inquiry by a judicial commission.
He said Vanniyars were not at all responsible for the incident and alleged that some Dalit police officers had prepared the report "to cover up their mistakes."
"Jayalalithaa should have ascertained the truth with the help of unbiased police officers and by failing to do so she has put the blame on Vanniyars. It is not too late and she should order for a CBI probe and judicial inquiry which will bring out the truth," he said.
Virtually blaming Pattali Makkal Katchi for the April 25 violence at Marakkanam allegedly targeting Dalits, Jayalalithaa had yesterday warned of invoking preventive detention laws against those who incite trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25