PMK seeks CBI probe into violence
Chennai: A day after Tamil Nadu government virtually blamed his party for last week`s violence at Marakkanam, PMK founder S Ramadoss today sought a CBI probe into the incident.
Ramadoss said Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, who had made a statement in the assembly, had read out the police version and said she should have ascertained the truth with the help of unbiased police officers.
In a statement here, he alleged that the pro-Dalit Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katachi was behind the violence and asked the state government to order a CBI probe besides an inquiry by a judicial commission.
He said Vanniyars were not at all responsible for the incident and alleged that some Dalit police officers had prepared the report "to cover up their mistakes."
"Jayalalithaa should have ascertained the truth with the help of unbiased police officers and by failing to do so she has put the blame on Vanniyars. It is not too late and she should order for a CBI probe and judicial inquiry which will bring out the truth," he said.
Virtually blaming Pattali Makkal Katchi for the April 25 violence at Marakkanam allegedly targeting Dalits, Jayalalithaa had yesterday warned of invoking preventive detention laws against those who incite trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply