PMK to review ties with DMK soon
Chennai: DMK ally Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK), which endured a drubbing in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, will soon review its ties with the Dravidian
outfit, party chief S Ramadoss said on Friday.
In his first press conference after the polls, where his party returned only three MLAs to the Assembly out of 30 contestants, Ramadoss said the decision would be made before the local body polls scheduled later this year.
"It is a policy decision which will have to be decided at the general council and the Executive. We will decide before the local body polls," he said when asked if his party was still an ally of DMK.
Releasing his party`s `shadow budget` for the ninth
consecutive time, Ramadoss said it focused on priority to
boost sectors such as agriculture, education, development of
Tamil language among others.
Charging his ally DMK, without naming the party or its
chief M Karunanidhi, he said the withdrawal of Prohibition
regime in 1971 (by the then DMK regime headed by Karunanidhi)
had "destroyed many generations," (as many took to liquor).
Detailing the salient features of the `shadow budget,`
Ramadoss urged the government to cut down on sales timing of
liquor in state-run TASMAC shops.
Besides prohibition, he also demanded that the government
ban cinema for five years, as liquor and films were two things
spoiling today`s youth.
The `shadow budget` also demanded establishing Special
Agricultural Economic Zones on the lines of SEZs, providing
free education to all till Class 12 and a separate Agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt