PMK to review ties with DMK soon
Chennai: DMK ally Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK), which endured a drubbing in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, will soon review its ties with the Dravidian
outfit, party chief S Ramadoss said on Friday.
In his first press conference after the polls, where his party returned only three MLAs to the Assembly out of 30 contestants, Ramadoss said the decision would be made before the local body polls scheduled later this year.
"It is a policy decision which will have to be decided at the general council and the Executive. We will decide before the local body polls," he said when asked if his party was still an ally of DMK.
Releasing his party`s `shadow budget` for the ninth
consecutive time, Ramadoss said it focused on priority to
boost sectors such as agriculture, education, development of
Tamil language among others.
Charging his ally DMK, without naming the party or its
chief M Karunanidhi, he said the withdrawal of Prohibition
regime in 1971 (by the then DMK regime headed by Karunanidhi)
had "destroyed many generations," (as many took to liquor).
Detailing the salient features of the `shadow budget,`
Ramadoss urged the government to cut down on sales timing of
liquor in state-run TASMAC shops.
Besides prohibition, he also demanded that the government
ban cinema for five years, as liquor and films were two things
spoiling today`s youth.
The `shadow budget` also demanded establishing Special
Agricultural Economic Zones on the lines of SEZs, providing
free education to all till Class 12 and a separate Agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?