PMK urge SEC to appoint observer from other states
Chennai: Charging the State Election Commission (SEC) with favouring ruling AIADMK ahead of Tamil Nadu civic polls scheduled later this month, PMK on Saturday urged it to take efforts for conduct of free and fair polls and appoint an
observer from other states in all districts.
"In many places, nominations of PMK candidates were rejected on flimsy grounds while those of AIADMK candidates were accepted despite discrepancies pointed out by candidates of other parties," PMK founder Dr S Ramadoss alleged in a statement here.
This itself showed the `bias` of the SEC towards the ruling AIADMK, he said while expressing doubts if polls would be held in a free and fair manner.
"To allay this fear, the SEC should take all efforts to ensure conduct of polls in a free and fair manner. While 10 observers are scheduled to arrive, one observer each hailing from another state should be appointed (to oversee polling) in
each district," he said.
The two-phased civic polls are scheduled on October 17 and 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog