PMK workers arrested in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: As many as 41 PMK activists, who
were seeking a total prohibition were arrested here when they were proceeding to lock a government run liquor retail out here today.
The workers raised slogans against the liquor shops, which according to them, was spoiling the lives of lakhs of people, police said.
In Cuddalore over 3000 PMK workers were arrested for staging a demonstration to lock liquor shops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez