PMK`s CD banned in bypoll-bound Pennagaram
Dharmapuri: A CD titled "Rights War and
Vanniyar History" screened as part of the PMK`s campaign for
the March 27 Pennagaram Assembly byelection has been banned by
the District Administration on the ground that it would
promote enmity among castes.
Pennagaram Assembly Constituency Returning Officer-cum
District Revenue Officer Maheswari Ravikumar said the PMK`s CD
had been banned as it did not have proper approval. Besides,
the contents of the CD would promote enmity among caste and
communities and lead to law and order problems, she told
An FIR had been registered in this regard on March 19,
she said, adding PMK cadre and office-bearers had been ordered
not to screen the CDs till the by-poll was over.
The CD traces the history of PMK since the days of its
parent body, the Vanniyar Sangham, and its "struggles" for the
backward community over the years.
In a release, Maheswari also said a case had been
registered against Karur District DMK youth wing organiser V S
K Ravikumar for "violation" of model code of conduct.
She said DMK cadres had distributed free school bags
bearing the name of Ravikumar and the symbol of DMK to
students of Ettikuzhi Panchayat Union Middle School on March
Based on an official complaint, police have registered a
case against Ravikumar under section 171(B) of IPC (offences
relating to election).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!