PM`s intervention to settle Mullaiperiyar issue
: CPI`s Tamil Nadu unit has sought
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention to resolve the
Mullaperiyar dam issue.
The Prime Minister should invite Tamil Nadu and Kerala
Ministers, hold talks and find a solution before the issue
gets worse, CPI state secretary D Pandiyan told reporters o Thursday’s
On the Koodankulam nuclear power project issue, the CPI
leader said the Centre should dispel their fear of the locals
who are agitating citing safety concerns
On FDI in retail trade, he said the government should place
a bill in Parliament for discussion and also get approval
before allowing the same.
He said the government`s move would affect lakhs of small
and medium traders and force them to close their trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!