PM’s visit: Vijaykant, DMDK cadres held in TN
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijaykant and over
200 of his party workers were arrested on Monday after they tried
to stage a black flag demonstration against Prime Minister
Mamnohan Singh over the Mullaperiyar Dam issue.
Vijaykant and his party workers were arrested at Saidapet
area in the city, the route taken by Singh this morning to
attend a function at Madras University, police said.
The Prime Minister had arrived here last evening and
stayed overnight at the Raj Bhavan. He attended a function at
Madras University today to celebrate the 125th birth
anniversary of mathematics wizard Srinivasa Ramanujan.
Earlier, Greater Chennai Police Commissioner J K Tripathy
had warned that those staging black flag demonstrations would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province