Police asked to reopen case against ruling AIADMK MLA
Madurai: The Madras High Court Bench here on Friday ordered police to appoint an official in the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police as Investigating officer and reopen a case of cheating filed against an AIADMK MLA and lay chargesheet within three months.
Disposing of the Criminal Original Petition filed by one Rm. Chinniah Ambalam, Justice N Kirubakaran said the Sivaganga police did not conduct proper investigation in the complaint, and closed the case as "mistake of fact".
Police had compelled the petitioner to approach the Magistrate as well as this court. Even after the court gave the direction, police registered the case only after two months.
Besides only when the petitioner approached the court seeking alteration of FIR (and also incorporate IPC 420 (cheating) along with some other IPC sections) was the complaint closed as mistake of fact."This will only strengthen the apprehension of the petitioner that investigation is not done properly. This court is compelled to form a opinion that the investigation has not been done properly," the judge said.
The petitioner submitted that he had lent Rs 11 lakh to the Karaikudi AIADMK MLA CT. Palanichamy for poll expenses during last year`s assembly elections on the assurance that the money would be returned in six months. However after winning in the elections, the MLA did not keep the promise.
The petitioner said the case had been hurriedly closed by police. He alleged that police did not show any interest in the case from the beginning. Even the FIR Was registered only after two months. Hence the court should direct that the case be reopened and investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly