Police informer murdered in TN
Theni: A police informer was found murdered with his face burnt at Hanumanthanpatti near here two days ago, police said on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old man had been murdered five days after the police seized 108kg of ganja at Cumbum following information provided by him, police said today.
According to police this was the third police informer being murdered in the Varushanadu belt where movement of ganja had increased following steep hike in the cost of products of The Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation running liquor outlets.
The culprits committed the murder and escaped to Kerala,an official told a news agency.
He also expressed concern over informers being murdered as movement of Maoists in the belt have been reported off and on.
Police said the three murders had taken place over a period of three years, adding, they were now working out new strategy to protect informers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation