Police on high alert in Rameswaram
Rameswaram: Tight security is in place in this temple town following reports that 12 terrorists were trying to sneak in from Maniyachi in Tuticorin district, police said on Saturday.
Armed police personnel have been deployed at the bus stand, TV towers, Pamban bridge and other important sites including the temple and railway station, police said.
Besides secret cameras have been installed at vantage points to monitor the movement of people.
Passengers and pilgrims were being thoroughly checked before they were allowed to board trains and enter the temple. The Government Railway Protection Force also had been deployed in sufficient strength to monitor the trains and passengers, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray