Police receive SMS threatening Karunanidhi`s life
Chennai: Police on Friday received an SMS
threatening to kill Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi in
a bomb attack, a top police officer said.
"We have received an SMS at our traffic control room
threatening the life of chief minister. We are investigating
it," City Police Commissioner T Rajendran told reporters here
at a media briefing.
When asked about the details of the message, he said
the SMS stated that the chief minister would be killed in a
To a question on Karunanidhi and AIADMK supremo
Jayalalithaa receiving threatening letters recently, he said
that police was not taking the issue lightly.
"We are taking it seriously. We keep investigating all
the threat cases. We will crack it very soon," he said.
"E-mail threats have some technical issues, which
would take some time to solve."
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements were being
made for the festive season at important places in the city.
More CCTVs would be installed at vital places in the
city, while watch towers shall also be set up at popular
shopping places, Rajendran said.
Security would also be enhanced at Central and Egmore
Railway stations to monitor passengers, he added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today