Police steps up security in Chennai in wake of Bangalore blast
Chennai: Security has been tightened across Chennai with deployment of additional police officers, patrol vehicles and increased night patrolling in the wake of the Bangalore blast.
Officers have been directed by City Police Commissioner S George to enhance security at important public places, including places of worship, shopping malls, markets and bus stands. They should also conduct constant checks in lodges, vehicles and railway stations, he said.
The officers were also directed to focus on vehicle parking lots and abandoned vehicles, a police release quoted him as having said.
It said police would adopt a multi pronged strategy to enhance security at night, with emphasis on vulnerable areas, based on the review conducted by George.
The April 17 blast near the BJP city office in Bangalore left at least 16 people, including 11 policemen, injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death