Policemen rescue four persons
Coimbatore: Two constables rescued a mother and three children, who were attempting to set themselves ablaze, by breaking open the door of the house here, police said on Monday.
Police said 36-year-old Sandhya picked up a quarrel with her husband Saravanan last night allegedly for not properly behaving with her parents, who had come to attend a temple festival. Saravanan`s parents too joined in and scolded Sandhya in a foul language, they said.
The woman immediately rushed into her house along with her two daughters, aged 19 and 13, and a 15-year old son and started sprinkling kerosene around.
However, police who were informed about the quarrel alerted the constables on the night beat.
Head constable, Murugan and constable, Rajeshkumar reached the spot and immediately broke open the door and pulled Sandhya out, who was about to set herself afire. They also brought out the children, who were fully doused with the fuel.
Commissioner of Police KA Vishwanathan rewarded both the policemen for their quick action and saving four lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi