Policemen rescue four persons
Coimbatore: Two constables rescued a mother and three children, who were attempting to set themselves ablaze, by breaking open the door of the house here, police said on Monday.
Police said 36-year-old Sandhya picked up a quarrel with her husband Saravanan last night allegedly for not properly behaving with her parents, who had come to attend a temple festival. Saravanan`s parents too joined in and scolded Sandhya in a foul language, they said.
The woman immediately rushed into her house along with her two daughters, aged 19 and 13, and a 15-year old son and started sprinkling kerosene around.
However, police who were informed about the quarrel alerted the constables on the night beat.
Head constable, Murugan and constable, Rajeshkumar reached the spot and immediately broke open the door and pulled Sandhya out, who was about to set herself afire. They also brought out the children, who were fully doused with the fuel.
Commissioner of Police KA Vishwanathan rewarded both the policemen for their quick action and saving four lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!