Polling agents not to carry mobile phones in stations: EC
Chennai: In an attempt to curb irregularities
during assembly polls, the Election Commission on Wednesday said no
polling agent will be allowed to carry mobile phones inside
the polling stations, even in silent mode.
Every candidate is allowed to appoint one polling agent
with two relieving agents, the EC said in a release.
The polling agent will not be allowed to leave the
polling station or substitute himself by the relieving agents
after 3 pm, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal