Polling agents not to carry mobile phones in stations: EC
Chennai: In an attempt to curb irregularities
during assembly polls, the Election Commission on Wednesday said no
polling agent will be allowed to carry mobile phones inside
the polling stations, even in silent mode.
Every candidate is allowed to appoint one polling agent
with two relieving agents, the EC said in a release.
The polling agent will not be allowed to leave the
polling station or substitute himself by the relieving agents
after 3 pm, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed