Polling agents not to carry mobile phones in stations: EC
Chennai: In an attempt to curb irregularities
during assembly polls, the Election Commission on Wednesday said no
polling agent will be allowed to carry mobile phones inside
the polling stations, even in silent mode.
Every candidate is allowed to appoint one polling agent
with two relieving agents, the EC said in a release.
The polling agent will not be allowed to leave the
polling station or substitute himself by the relieving agents
after 3 pm, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India