Polling in TN peaceful, EVMs shifted to counting centres: DGP
Chennai: Barring stray incidents, polling
for all 234 Assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu today passed
off peacefully and EVMs have been shifted to counting centres,
a top police official said here on Wednesday.
"No political clashes or violence were reported from any
part of the state," DGP Bholo Nath told reporters here.
Police had to use mild force at Salem to disperse some
agitators, he said, adding that the state police and central
paramilitary forces worked jointly to do a "good job".
At the end of polling EVMS were shifted safely to the 91
counting centres and kept in tight security, he said.
Of the 240 companies of central forces, 17 will be
retained and the rest return. The retained personnel will be
deputed for security at counting centres, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez