Polling in TN peaceful, EVMs shifted to counting centres: DGP
Chennai: Barring stray incidents, polling
for all 234 Assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu today passed
off peacefully and EVMs have been shifted to counting centres,
a top police official said here on Wednesday.
"No political clashes or violence were reported from any
part of the state," DGP Bholo Nath told reporters here.
Police had to use mild force at Salem to disperse some
agitators, he said, adding that the state police and central
paramilitary forces worked jointly to do a "good job".
At the end of polling EVMS were shifted safely to the 91
counting centres and kept in tight security, he said.
Of the 240 companies of central forces, 17 will be
retained and the rest return. The retained personnel will be
deputed for security at counting centres, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug