Pongal gift to TN employees, pensioners, ex-VAOs
Chennai: Ahead of Pongal (harvest festival)
celebrations in the state, Tamil Nadu government on Sunday announced bonus of up to Rs 3,000 to C and D group employees
besides a special bonus of Rs 1000 to A and B group employees.
While pensioners, family pensioners and former village
administrative officers will get a Pongal gift of Rs 500
for the year 2010-11, C and D group employees will get 30-day
wages up to Rs 3,000, an official release said.
A special bonus of Rs 1,000 will be given to monthly pay
employees who have worked for at least 240 days in a financial
year, employees with consolidated pay, nutritious meal workers
besides anganwadi and mini anganwadi workers of Integrated
Child Welfare Scheme.
Village assistants, workers of Panchayati Raj department
getting special time scale of pay, panchayat assistants,
people welfare employees, contractual workers, temporary
contractual workers, daily wage workers and partial daily wage
workers will also get the special bonus of Rs 500, it said.
This bonus will be given to all teachers and officers
working in government aided institutions or institutions run
by local bodies and come under scales of pay and other all
India service conditions of UGC, All India Council for
Technical Education or Indian Council for Agricultural
Research, it said.
This will cost the exchequer Rs 264 crore, it added.
Pongal falls on January 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!