Power cuts in TN inevitable: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday said power cuts are `inevitable` in the state as supply was down by 1026 MW owing to the ongoing Telangana agitation and floods in Orissa, but said power would be purchased from
the open market to tide over the shortfall.
"Power supply to Tamil Nadu has been hit due to the ongoing Telengana strike and Orissa floods. Power cuts are inevitable in the state as power supply is down by 1026 MW," she said in a statement.
The Chief Minister said the government would purchase power from the open market to manage the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation