Power cuts in TN inevitable: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday said power cuts are `inevitable` in the state as supply was down by 1026 MW owing to the ongoing Telangana agitation and floods in Orissa, but said power would be purchased from
the open market to tide over the shortfall.
"Power supply to Tamil Nadu has been hit due to the ongoing Telengana strike and Orissa floods. Power cuts are inevitable in the state as power supply is down by 1026 MW," she said in a statement.
The Chief Minister said the government would purchase power from the open market to manage the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav