Prakash Karat calls on Jayalalithaa
Chennai: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Friday called on Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa at the state secretariat here.
A secretariat communication described it as a courtesy call.
AIADMK had supported Left parties` candidate D Raja in the Rajya Sabha polls held in June.
Karat is scheduled to participate in a party meeting in the city outskirts later this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan