Prakash Karat calls on Jayalalithaa
Chennai: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Friday called on Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa at the state secretariat here.
A secretariat communication described it as a courtesy call.
AIADMK had supported Left parties` candidate D Raja in the Rajya Sabha polls held in June.
Karat is scheduled to participate in a party meeting in the city outskirts later this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail