Prakash Karat calls on Jayalalithaa
Chennai: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Friday called on Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa at the state secretariat here.
A secretariat communication described it as a courtesy call.
AIADMK had supported Left parties` candidate D Raja in the Rajya Sabha polls held in June.
Karat is scheduled to participate in a party meeting in the city outskirts later this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal