Prayers to purify temple premises in TN
Rameswaram (TN): Priests of the famous Ramanathaswamy shrine here on Monday conducted poojas to purify the temple premises after pigs entered it, officials said.
The purification ceremony would continue till afternoon, they said.
The officials attributed the entry of pigs through the eastern gate to unhygienic conditions prevailing around the temple, especially at the `Agni Theertham` (Sea near the shrine) where sewage polluted the water.
The officials said for the past three days, sewage channels were overflowing and alleged that the Municipality had taken no step to drain them properly.
The island town also did not get proper drinking water supply for the past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states