Prayers to purify temple premises in TN
Rameswaram (TN): Priests of the famous Ramanathaswamy shrine here on Monday conducted poojas to purify the temple premises after pigs entered it, officials said.
The purification ceremony would continue till afternoon, they said.
The officials attributed the entry of pigs through the eastern gate to unhygienic conditions prevailing around the temple, especially at the `Agni Theertham` (Sea near the shrine) where sewage polluted the water.
The officials said for the past three days, sewage channels were overflowing and alleged that the Municipality had taken no step to drain them properly.
The island town also did not get proper drinking water supply for the past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen