Prayers to purify temple premises in TN
Rameswaram (TN): Priests of the famous Ramanathaswamy shrine here on Monday conducted poojas to purify the temple premises after pigs entered it, officials said.
The purification ceremony would continue till afternoon, they said.
The officials attributed the entry of pigs through the eastern gate to unhygienic conditions prevailing around the temple, especially at the `Agni Theertham` (Sea near the shrine) where sewage polluted the water.
The officials said for the past three days, sewage channels were overflowing and alleged that the Municipality had taken no step to drain them properly.
The island town also did not get proper drinking water supply for the past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's