Prayers to purify temple premises in TN
Rameswaram (TN): Priests of the famous Ramanathaswamy shrine here on Monday conducted poojas to purify the temple premises after pigs entered it, officials said.
The purification ceremony would continue till afternoon, they said.
The officials attributed the entry of pigs through the eastern gate to unhygienic conditions prevailing around the temple, especially at the `Agni Theertham` (Sea near the shrine) where sewage polluted the water.
The officials said for the past three days, sewage channels were overflowing and alleged that the Municipality had taken no step to drain them properly.
The island town also did not get proper drinking water supply for the past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games