Pre-arrest bail to Alagiri aide in threat case
Madurai: The Madras High Court on Friday, granted anticipatory bail to three persons including, Union minister M K Alagiri`s close aide and a DSP, in an intimidation case.
Allowing the petition of Thiruvannamalai DSP, S Kumaravel, Justice R Mala granted him anticipatory bail here.
Police registered an FIR on the complaint of a reporter of a Tamil magazine that Kumaravel along with Pottu Suresh and his brother allegedly threatened him in 2009, when the former was ACP.
The DSP argued, that the alleged incident occurred on October 23, 2009, while the FIR was registered on September 6.
Already a criminal case had been registered against the reporter on a complaint by Suresh. Hence as a counter to that, the reporter had lodged the intimidation complaint.
In his complaint, the reporter submitted, that he had written an article about Suresh, which angered him.
He said, on a complaint from Suresh, police registered a case against him and at the instigation of then ACP Kumaravel, police searched his house and took his father into illegal custody in October 2009.
Later, Kumaravel threatened him at the behest of Suresh, who is now in judicial custody in connection with land grab cases, Pandian alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway