Preparations on to project itself as alternative in TN: BJP
Madurai: Aiming to project itself as an alternative to the two Dravidian parties in Tamil Nadu, BJP state unit on Friday said it had started preparations for the next Parliamentary polls, scheduled in 2014.
Talking to reporters on the concluding day of BJP`s two-day state conference "Tamarai Sangamam" here, party state president Pon Radhakrishnan alleged that both DMK and AIADMK were "involved" in corruption and have been "punished" during every elections by the voters.
"Preparations are on for the next elections and setting up of relevant committes, initiating the membership drive and others could be taken up soon and we aim to reach every village of the state", Radhakrishnan said.
He declined to reply to queries on the possible alliances of the party ahead of the polls saying it would be discussed at an appropriate time.
Radhakrishnan said BJP was a party which performed beyoned the differences of caste, creed and religion.
To a query, he said the party will not contest the Pudukottai assembly bypoll.
On the Sri Lankan issue, he said BJP supported devolution of power to Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends