Preparations on to project itself as alternative in TN: BJP
Madurai: Aiming to project itself as an alternative to the two Dravidian parties in Tamil Nadu, BJP state unit on Friday said it had started preparations for the next Parliamentary polls, scheduled in 2014.
Talking to reporters on the concluding day of BJP`s two-day state conference "Tamarai Sangamam" here, party state president Pon Radhakrishnan alleged that both DMK and AIADMK were "involved" in corruption and have been "punished" during every elections by the voters.
"Preparations are on for the next elections and setting up of relevant committes, initiating the membership drive and others could be taken up soon and we aim to reach every village of the state", Radhakrishnan said.
He declined to reply to queries on the possible alliances of the party ahead of the polls saying it would be discussed at an appropriate time.
Radhakrishnan said BJP was a party which performed beyoned the differences of caste, creed and religion.
To a query, he said the party will not contest the Pudukottai assembly bypoll.
On the Sri Lankan issue, he said BJP supported devolution of power to Tamils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA