Price rise, law and order failure hallmarks of AIADMK rule: Stalin
Tirunelveli: DMK treasurer MK Stalin on Saturday charged that the "hallmark" of the three-year AIADMK rule in Tamil Nadu was price rise and law and order failure.
"The hallmarks of the three-year AIADMK rule are price rise and failure of law and order. Murders and dacoities are occurring within all police limits," he said during campaigning for DMK candidate Devadasasundaram at Tirunelveli.
At another meeting, Stalin raked up the Babri Masjid issue and alleged that AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa had supported the kar sevaks.
He also said it was the former DMK government which had provided the separate, 3.5 per cent reservation for Muslims in education and employment.
Stalin started his campaign here and wound it up in Palyamkottai late tonight, addressing around 20 roadside meetings.
He launched his 39-day campaign schedule in Kanyakumari district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat