Private college lab assistant throws acid on staff, girls
Coimbatore: A lab assistant in a local private college on Friday allegedly threw acid on two staff injuring them and two girl students, and later tried to commit suicide by consuming cyanide, police said.
Police said Muthusamy (47) threw acid on Ravisankar and Laxmansamy this afternoon over some personal dispute. Some acid also fell on two girl students.
Both the victims were admitted to different private hospitals while the two girls were treated as outpatients, police said.
M Aruchamy, Director and Administrator of the Kongunadu Arts and Science College, filed a complaint against Muthusamy, based on which a case has been registered, they said.
Depressed over the incident, Muthusamy consumed cyanide, police said, adding, he has been admitted to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM