Private college lab assistant throws acid on staff, girls
Coimbatore: A lab assistant in a local private college on Friday allegedly threw acid on two staff injuring them and two girl students, and later tried to commit suicide by consuming cyanide, police said.
Police said Muthusamy (47) threw acid on Ravisankar and Laxmansamy this afternoon over some personal dispute. Some acid also fell on two girl students.
Both the victims were admitted to different private hospitals while the two girls were treated as outpatients, police said.
M Aruchamy, Director and Administrator of the Kongunadu Arts and Science College, filed a complaint against Muthusamy, based on which a case has been registered, they said.
Depressed over the incident, Muthusamy consumed cyanide, police said, adding, he has been admitted to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh