Private college lab assistant throws acid on staff, girls
Coimbatore: A lab assistant in a local private college on Friday allegedly threw acid on two staff injuring them and two girl students, and later tried to commit suicide by consuming cyanide, police said.
Police said Muthusamy (47) threw acid on Ravisankar and Laxmansamy this afternoon over some personal dispute. Some acid also fell on two girl students.
Both the victims were admitted to different private hospitals while the two girls were treated as outpatients, police said.
M Aruchamy, Director and Administrator of the Kongunadu Arts and Science College, filed a complaint against Muthusamy, based on which a case has been registered, they said.
Depressed over the incident, Muthusamy consumed cyanide, police said, adding, he has been admitted to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress