Pro-Maoist literature seized from coaching centre in TN
Tirunelveli: Pro-Maoist literature wasseized from a coaching centre for competitive examinations ata remote village in the district, police said on Wednesday.
A police team, investigating a cheating complaint by somestudents, stumbled on the incriminating documents includingpro-Maoist CDs, pamphlets and 52 passports when they opened alocker at the centre in Karivalamvanthanallur last evening.
The students had complained that the centre`s owner Gangadharan had cheated them after taking money ranging from Rs 75,000 to Rs 3 lakh on the promise of getting overseas jobs.
Police after investigations found that the complaints weretrue and got the locker at the centre opened after obtaining permission from a local court.
No arrests have been made so far, police said adding that further probe was on to unearth the activities of Gangadharan and two other top officials of the coaching centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket