Property purchase case concocted by cops: Sasikala
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, on Thursday alleged that police "concocted" and inflated a property transaction to frame her in the wealth case.
Deposing before special judge BM Mallikarjunaiah, Sasikala, second accused in the case, said Sunrise Avenue Property was sold to Green Farm house, of which she is a
partner, and Rs 10 lakh was paid through demand draft and not Rs 20-30 lakh as recorded by police.
She said the sale agreement was executed on March 8, 1994 and Jagadish Raju, one of the owners had already given evidence that investigation officer Nallam Naidu and other
officials had threatened him to give a written statement that the property was sold for Rs 20-30 lakh to Green Farm house.
The judge adjourned to tomorrow further recording of her statement. Sasikala answered 23 questions taking the total number of questions answered to 63 in two depositions.
The recording of Sasikala`s statement began on February 18 after the judge rejected her application seeking adjournment of the process citing pendency of her Special
Leave Petition on the translation issue in Supreme Court.
The case related to alleged accumulation of wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income when Jayalalithaa was the chief minister from 1991-95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt