Property purchase case concocted by cops: Sasikala
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, on Thursday alleged that police "concocted" and inflated a property transaction to frame her in the wealth case.
Deposing before special judge BM Mallikarjunaiah, Sasikala, second accused in the case, said Sunrise Avenue Property was sold to Green Farm house, of which she is a
partner, and Rs 10 lakh was paid through demand draft and not Rs 20-30 lakh as recorded by police.
She said the sale agreement was executed on March 8, 1994 and Jagadish Raju, one of the owners had already given evidence that investigation officer Nallam Naidu and other
officials had threatened him to give a written statement that the property was sold for Rs 20-30 lakh to Green Farm house.
The judge adjourned to tomorrow further recording of her statement. Sasikala answered 23 questions taking the total number of questions answered to 63 in two depositions.
The recording of Sasikala`s statement began on February 18 after the judge rejected her application seeking adjournment of the process citing pendency of her Special
Leave Petition on the translation issue in Supreme Court.
The case related to alleged accumulation of wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income when Jayalalithaa was the chief minister from 1991-95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family