Property purchase case concocted by cops: Sasikala
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, on Thursday alleged that police "concocted" and inflated a property transaction to frame her in the wealth case.
Deposing before special judge BM Mallikarjunaiah, Sasikala, second accused in the case, said Sunrise Avenue Property was sold to Green Farm house, of which she is a
partner, and Rs 10 lakh was paid through demand draft and not Rs 20-30 lakh as recorded by police.
She said the sale agreement was executed on March 8, 1994 and Jagadish Raju, one of the owners had already given evidence that investigation officer Nallam Naidu and other
officials had threatened him to give a written statement that the property was sold for Rs 20-30 lakh to Green Farm house.
The judge adjourned to tomorrow further recording of her statement. Sasikala answered 23 questions taking the total number of questions answered to 63 in two depositions.
The recording of Sasikala`s statement began on February 18 after the judge rejected her application seeking adjournment of the process citing pendency of her Special
Leave Petition on the translation issue in Supreme Court.
The case related to alleged accumulation of wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income when Jayalalithaa was the chief minister from 1991-95.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read