Prosecution witnesses record statements in Jayalalithaa disproportionate assets case
Bangalore: A special court here on Monday continued to record the statements of prosecution witnesses in the disproportionate assets case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and three others.
The statements were recorded before Special Court Judge John Michael Cunha.
The court today recorded statements of 10 more witnesses presented by the Special Public Prosecutor Bhavani Singh, who had begun final arguments in the last week of March in the case in which Jayalalithaa has been charged with accumulating Rs 66 crore wealth disproportionate to known sources of income in 1991-95 when she was Chief Minister.
The matter was posted for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference