Prospects of BJP will not affect if Yeddyurappa quits: Gowda
Madikeri: Former Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Monday said prospects of BJP would not be affected if senior party leader BS Yeddyurappa quits and floats a new party.
"Prospects of BJP will not be affected if Yeddyurappa quits the party and floats his own party," Gowda told reporters at Bhagamandala, 40 kilometers away from here.
Neither Yeddyurappa would have a future after quitting BJP, Gowda claimed. "Whoever have left BJP, have not carved a niche for himself. All have perished. The country knows it", he said.
Agitated after being neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, Yeddyurappa had last week announced that he would quit the party by December.
Gowda said Yeddyurappa boasts of enjoying support of many legislators, but real numbers would be known after he quits the party. "Already, Yeddyurappa`s supporters have clarified that they would not follow the Lingayat leader."
"If tainted leaders quit BJP, it would embolden party members to work with more vigour, Gowda said.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’