Prospects of BJP will not affect if Yeddyurappa quits: Gowda
Madikeri: Former Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Monday said prospects of BJP would not be affected if senior party leader BS Yeddyurappa quits and floats a new party.
"Prospects of BJP will not be affected if Yeddyurappa quits the party and floats his own party," Gowda told reporters at Bhagamandala, 40 kilometers away from here.
Neither Yeddyurappa would have a future after quitting BJP, Gowda claimed. "Whoever have left BJP, have not carved a niche for himself. All have perished. The country knows it", he said.
Agitated after being neglected by the top brass after his ouster as Chief Minister, Yeddyurappa had last week announced that he would quit the party by December.
Gowda said Yeddyurappa boasts of enjoying support of many legislators, but real numbers would be known after he quits the party. "Already, Yeddyurappa`s supporters have clarified that they would not follow the Lingayat leader."
"If tainted leaders quit BJP, it would embolden party members to work with more vigour, Gowda said.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?