Protect former minister, family: MK Stalin
Chennai: Former Tamil Nadu deputy chief minister MK Stalin has sought adequate police cover for former minister KN Nehru following the murder of his brother KN Ramajayam at Tiruchirapalli.
In a letter to the police chief on Monday, Stalin said some anonymous callers had threatened Nehru and his family members.
Stalin said the gruesome murder of Ramajayam had created panic among DMK cadres as well as the general public.
Stating that Nehru had been in public life for more than 25 years, Stalin said the threats have to be taken seriously and adequate protection should be accorded to him and his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre